SCACM NEEDS YOU!
Become more active in SCACMOn-line SCACM Membership Application Printable Membership Form Willingness to Serve Form Update Membership Information Board Member Page
Supervisor of Microbiology
Promedica Health System
The Supervisor of Lab Tech Services plans, organizes and sets priorities of day-to-day operations to meet laboratory objectives. They also coordinate laboratory services in conjunction with the manager and director. The supervisor also:
* Monitors and promotes staff development through the use of performance, competency and compliance standards.
* Monitors work flow. Analyzes for limiting factors, recommends and implements improvements.
* Directs and coordinates the quality assessment program with the laboratory
* Ensures the efficient use of labor resources, money and equipment to meet the goles of the healthcare system.
* Plans and prioritizes applications, projects and enhancements with the laboratory management tesm.
* Ensures laboratory complies with established hospital departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Job Requirements Microbiology Supervisor
* Must have a Bachelor's degree in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory service
* Requires a minimum of five (5) years laboratory experience
* Must be certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP)
* Previous supervisory experience is desirable
* Must be able to differentiate colors * Must be able to move about the hospital and between workstations
* Master's degree or Specialty in Microbiology certification desirable
* Experience with molecular assays
desirable Qualified cadidates are encouraged to send their resume to:
Talent Acquisition Sourcing Specialist
This position is for an MLS in Microbiology. This is a specialized section of Medical Laboratory Science: a person in this department works in the areas of Aerobic & Anaerobic Bacteriology, Mycology, Mycobacteriology, Immunology, Molecular Microbiology, and Parasitology. We are looking for a scientist with experience in a clinical microbiology / molecular lab (experience in the technical disciplines listed above). They must hold a bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science and obtained ASCP certification.
· Performs simple to complex clinical laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory. Work requires a professional level of knowledge in order to perform, interpret and record patient test results, especially those which are abnormal or atypical.
· Duties may vary by assigned area but include quality control performance and interpretation, basic instrument maintenance and troubleshooting, proficiency testing assignments and basic inventory management.
· Independently performs patient testing in one or more sections of the laboratory (Microbiology) according to laboratory procedures and established turnaround times.
· Includes waived, moderate and high complexity tests. Testing includes knowledge of specimen acceptability requirements and result interpretation.
· Certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist required. Bachelor of Science degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory science or chemical, physical or biological science required.
· Level I demonstrates technical testing knowledge and skills by completing section competencies by defined timelines. Lakeland has three levels of a career ladder for individuals within this position.
· Applies theoretical knowledge to test information to insure accurate results. · Manages multiple priorities maintaining accurate and timely test results.
· Communicates appropriate information to team members, patient care personnel and physicians.
· Works as a team member: shares information on workload and problems helps co-workers as needed; escalate issues as appropriate.
Please send an email to email@example.com if you have any questions or limited time to apply but would like to submit your resume!
Congratulations to our own Mike Brandon for winning the Scherago-Rubin award for ASM Microbe 2017.
Nice (28-31 March)
•The Microbiology world is mourning the loss of Dr. Paul Schreckenberger, our dear friend, esteemed colleague, and longtime SCACM member. He will be sorely missed
•ASM and CLSI is hosting a five-part course titled “An ASM-CLSI Webinar Series on Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing: Part 1 - Fundamentals of Susceptibility Testing, Reporting, and Test Validation”, starting January 4.
•SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTOR to CLINICAL MICROBIOLOGY AWARD:
•2016 recipientMary Plenzer
Congratulations 2016 Recipients!
Bridget Blumer - Chicago, IL
:: Janet Southerland - Akron, Ohio
Shannon Bastin - Danville, Kentucky
Rhonda Blevins - Ft. Wayne, Indiana
Brian Hatcher - Flint, Michigan
Rachel Hissong - Indianapolis, IN
Rita Taylor - Ft. Wayne, IN
SCACM MEMORIAL dedicated to those SCACM board members who have passed away
Corporate Sustaining Members
(As of January 23, 2017)
Support our Sponsors
Become a 2017 SCACM sponsor:
On-Line Application Links: